About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Unexpected change in plans

We had such a nice morning planned.  I had gotten us tickets to go see the symphony put on a children's concert.  A nice short performance, but enjoyable none-the-less.  Too bad my e-mail's spam filter intercepted the message, telling me that the concert had been moved up an hour.  Soooo, after arriving at the hall at the originally scheduled time, we realized that we were going to have an unexpected change in plans!
J, always the quick thinker, suggested going to walk in the park across the street.  Brilliant!!  While it had been drizzly, thankfully the rain had subsided enough so we could get out and enjoy this picturesque place. 
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but neither J nor I have ever explored here...so it was new to all 3 of us!  There are lots of "green" spaces around our city, but this is the only one (that I'm aware of) that has the feel of a London park (Regents Park, St. James, etc.).  Beautiful!
So, even though it wasn't quite what we had expected, the morning ended up being lovely...and the rain/thunderstorms held off until we were home--safe and dry!
 
 

No comments: