About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Elevenses


Since we are having our what I think will amount to an Indian summer this week, the Noodle and I decided to go to one of the local outdoor "lifestyle centers".  Living where we live, it is somewhat amazing to me that an outdoor mall can make it, but who am I to second guess marketing, PR, etc., etc.?!   Anywhooooo, I had a gift card that had about $1.50 left on it, so we cashed it in and got a berry smoothie to split for our elevenses.  Yum!! 

The Noodle tried sitting in the Adirondack chairs, but kept slipping back. "My legs aren't long enough, are they Mama?" she said.  Sigh, all too soon they will be, my sweet.

***In case you didn't know, in the U.K., Ireland and some Commonwealth realms, elevenses refers to snack similar to afternoon tea but is eaten in the morning.  Paddington Bear is quite fond of taking his elevenses as is Winnie-the-Pooh--hee hee.

2 comments:

Seth said...

And if I remember correctly, the Hobbits are quite fond of elevenses thanks to my J.R.R. Tolkien!

Seth said...

Oops, I meant Mr. J.R.R. Tolkien