About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Room with a view

One of my favorite times of the day is when the Noodle gets up from her nap.  For some reason, when she wakes, she always says "Who's there?  Is anybody there?  I'm all done sleeping!".  Ha ha, makes me smile each time I hear it!  Many afternoons she is snuggly and cuddly and I'm only too happy to oblige.  We like to lie on the bed and look out the window in her room and watch the big maple tree in the front yard.  It is, quite honestly, a perfect way to "get back into the day".  During this particular afternoon, she started asking about her Bai Jai Bei quilt.  We talked about the origins of the quilt and then she would point to various squares and ask about who had given them. When I got to the part about how 'whenever a child is wrapped up in the quilt, she is surrounded by all the prayers, wishes and good thoughts of those who donated material' she immediately wrapped herself up.  She definitely has been, and continues to be, surrounded in prayer.