About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Farmin' Friday

Grandpa has a bit of land where he has a large barn housing all of his "treasures". This is just fine with Grandma because at least the "treasures" aren't at the house--ha! He worked up some of the land next to it for us to plant a garden, so yesterday we donned our farmer caps and worked the land. We ended up planting: seedless watermelon, acorn squash, birdhouse gourds, mini-pumpkins, mini-decorative gourds and for the neighbor whose land butts up to Grandpa's, we planted cukes, 10-thorn gourds and turban gourds. We'll see what actually comes up. The Noodle and I are more novice farmers than J and we were the ones planting the seeds while he was digging mounds.

Determining the plan of attack (and still waking up from a nap).


Planting the seeds.

No comments: