About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Big birthday wishes to a 5 year old!


So this little one decided to go and turn 5 on us.  Oh my goodness!
She started off her birthday by graduating from Safety Town.  I was taking a class all week so couldn't see it, but Lala went and cheered on the little graduate.  After graduation, I met them out for lunch--just the 3 of us.  So special!
 Then that evening, we had both sets of grandparents over for dinner.  The request?  Lucky birthday noodles, of course!
 
 I just used P. Dub's simple sesame noodle recipe.  With bok choy and diced peppers, because, well actually, I can't bring myself to serve a meal without some sort of veg.  Chopsticks were optional.
 Then on to the presents.  The highly anticipated event!!
 We found a piano at a garage sale.  An excellent purchase at $5.00 if I do say so myself.
 It takes big muscles to hold up that Beatrix Potter anthology!
 Finally, cake brownies with mint frosting and chocolate chips.  She actually wanted a mint chocolate chip/strawberry cake, but I convinced her to do one and have the other in ice cream form.  It was actually a very good combination.
 Every time we would walk down the baking aisle in the grocery store Mei Mei talked about wanting a "5" candle.  That was an easy request to grant ;)
 By this time in the evening, everyone was getting goofy and the effects of the sugar were definitely evident.  We managed to snap a couple of pictures with the grandparents before hustling the birthday girl and her sister up into bed.  A full day of celebrating is enough to tire anyone out--parents included!
Happy Birthday Mei Mei!!  You are a blessing and a joy to our family!  Your kind, sweet ways bring a smile to all of our faces.  We love you to the China moon and back!

No comments: