About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Bouncin' around


This school year, the Noodle has participated in an after-school program where the kiddos learn all kinds of ball-handling skills.  Kinda like the Harlem Globetrotters.
One man runs it and has been doing so for the last 40 years.  40 years!  He does it all on his own. Without help.  On any given day there are anywhere between 40-60 kids plus doing his program. Again, I state, on his own.  Did I also mention that he's 72?!

The dude demands attention and the children are only too willing to give it to him.  As a side note, I cannot imagine, ever, signing up to try and instruct 40-60 kids on my own.  He really is that good.
All year long the children work hard learning tricks, practice their skills and perfecting their routines. They give up their recess at the end and even eat shorter lunches some days.   It all leads up to the big event when they get to perform for the pre-game and half-time show for a NBA game.
Last night was THE NIGHT.  Such excitement!  The nerves!  The anticipation!  The energy!  The Noodle went down with J and had a blast.  I don't know whether she'll do it next year because the fearless leader is retiring at the end of the year.  His shoes will be pretty big to fill, but he's certainly left a legacy.  We're thrilled that she got to be a part of it!

No comments: