About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Intentional


Intentional.  This word has been rattling around in my brain for a while now.   
Perhaps it has been our sermon series at church.  Perhaps it has been an ever growing, on-going awareness of my role as a parent.  Whatever it is, I feel like the Lord keeps whispering to me "Be intentional".
Be intentional as you look around your neighborhood.  Sure everything seems fine behind the pretty facades but is there someone who could use a kind word.  A prayer.  A bowl of warm strawberries freshly picked.  A loaf of homemade bread so that they know they aren't alone.  An extra act of kindness.
Be intentional as you play with the girls.  Be fully present and aware.  These times are so fleeting and they grow so quickly.  Notice the small things.
Be intentional with your time.  Use it to bring me glory. It is a gift--use it wisely. 
Be intentional with your instruction.  The world is only too willing to exert its influence on you and your family.  "Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."--Deuteronomy 11:18-19
Be intentional in your marriage.  It is not to be taken lightly or for granted.  Hold hands.  Laugh.  Linger in the moment.  Relish in the perfect partner and helper that I have provided for you.
 

No comments: