About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's the berries!!

The start of summer vacation means strawberry pickin' season.  Yeah for u-pick fruit!  Can't get more ripe, fresh or local than that.
This year we picked 2 buckets full.  In years past I've gone over board and picked and picked and picked.  The problem (if you can actually call it a problem) is that, in my opinion, strawberries don't freeze very well.  Unlike blueberries or raspberries.  Still, there's strawberry jam, strawberry shortcakes, strawberry smoothies, plain strawberries, strawberries on cereal, strawberries on yogurt...I could wax on and on!

Picking strawberries is serious buisness.
Sneaking a few in is even more serious.
The payoff?  Strawberry custard.  Mmmmm delish!!


No comments: