About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Festive Door Hanger

So the calendar is about to flip over to December.  Full speed ahead with the Christmas decorations!!
I found this cute door hanger on Pinterest and knew I could re-create it.  I had quite a few pieces of silver/silver plate from Lollie that had been up in the attic since, mmm 1970? when she and Papa got married, so I thought why not bring it down and put it to use?  As an FYI, the creamers/sugar bowls/pitchers were all found at Goodwill for about $4.50 each.
 Here's what you need:
--a tray with handles (if you don't have anything hanging around, try a thrift store, garage sale, the Goodwill, you get the idea)
--some greenery (either artificial or the read deal--mine was faux)
--a creamer, sugar bowl or small pitcher (see note above)
--2 different colored ribbons

Start by gathering the greenery into a bundle.  I used 3 boughs and rubberbanded them together at one end.  Next I used a twist-tie to attach them to the handle of the tray.  Fluff out the boughs.

Next take your ribbon and thread it through the handle of the creamer, sugar bowl and/or pitcher.  Tie it to the handle of the tray.
Add a contrasting ribbon for decoration and viola!  Instant festive door hanger :)
 Now see if you can stop yourself from making a few of these guys!!!
BTW, I used fishing line threaded through the handle to hang it up.  Enjoy!

No comments: