About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

Well, it's official!  We have a Kindergarten student!!

She had a great first day and was sooooo excited to go--literally jumping and twirling around the kitchen before we left this morning :)

Of course once we got there, she became pretty quiet, but it was insane a bit overwhelming to have all those kiddos, mommies, daddies, grandamas/grandpas, siblings, etc. in the room at one time.  Actually, I felt for her teacher--just like herding cats, I tell ya!
Before the parents left, the Noodle's teacher read the famous Kindergarten book, The Kissing Hand and then we each gave a kiss and cuddle to our little ones before we trooped out the door.  She made sure that we each took one of the hand cookies that she had made so we'd have that to give to the children when we picked them up.  So sweet!

And so, just like that, the Noodle's school career is in full swing.  I think it is going to be a great year!

3 comments:

Susan said...

How great that she loved it! I can't believe how big she looks - they are all growing up so fast!

Debbie Sauer said...

So glad she had a good first day! I love The Kissing Hand. Looking forward to hearing about her first year. Blessings

Seth said...

Love her little uniform, what a sweetie!!