About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"The Call"

Today is always a special day for us, because it is the anniversary of when we received "The Call" telling us that there was a little girl waiting for us in China!  J and I were on vacation and had just walked up from being at the ocean all day and he happened to check his voice mail. To say that we were in shock and awe when we realized who the voicemail was from doesn't even begin to sum it up!!

Since that was the second day into our vacation, it immediately turned from calm and relaxing into OH.MY.GOSH.IT.IS.REALLY.HAPPENING!!  Thank goodness at the last minute I had decided to chuck our huge adoption binder into the car 'just in case', never really thinking it would happen.  God has a great sense of humor, doesn't He?
It was certainly a vacation that we will NEVER forget!  So, Chinese Noodle,today we celebrate the day we first saw your little face and knew you were our daughter!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: