About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy Birthday!

So someone went and turned 38 today.  Since it was a work day, things were kinda low-key.  But that's o.k.  We still tried to make it special for him.

I think that thing that made it the most special was the fact that the Noodle was suuuper excited about it.  She kept say things like: "I can't wait until Daddy's birthday tomorrow!" or "When we wake up, it will be Daddy's birthday." or "Let's sing Happy Birthday to Daddy when he gets home from the gym." or even "When is Daddy coming home?  I want to celebrate his birthday!".  Ha ha!!
When he finally did get home from work, she bolted to the window and screamed out "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and then pounced on him with a big hug as he walked in the door.  She was soo excited for him to open her gift to him--a picture that she had drawn of a 'bonga car' (read:  VW), which she had wrapped herself.
So, I'm just giving a big shout-out birthday wish to the best guy I know--the one who makes me laugh, settles me down, brightens our day, loves us no matter what, and is a wonderful role model!  We love you!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Debbie Sauer said...

It's so nice to see kids be excited about other peoples birthdays. I'm sure she made it extra special for him. Blessings