About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

FCC CNY Event

Today was the FCC (Families with Children from China) CNY banquet.  Everyone got their "silks" on.  Seeing all the kiddos together reminds me of a peacock--all those gorgeous colors and hues!
There was food, food and more food.  There were fun crafts. 
There were lots of little girls (and a few boys) running around, giggling and being silly.  There was a parade.
There was the opportunity to be a family that looks like everyone else's, rather than one that stands out a bit. 
Most importantly, there was the celebration that while these children had found their forever families, they also remember from where they come.

1 comment:

CC said...

Adorable! I especially love the dragon costume!