About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful today that we got two clean bills of health from the dentist today. Last time we went, the Noodle was afraid and less than cooperative with the whole procedure. This time we did more front-end prepping and by the time they were finishing up with me, she was all ready to go.



We also participate, once a month, in a program at our local theater where children can "see and touch" the music. This month's instrument was the guitar. While both the acoustic and electric guitar were featured, I'd say that the C.N. liked the acoustic guitar better...not quite as loud.



Lastly, I'm thankful that the yellow seersucker dress that I started last March is finally finished and that the Noodle could wear it before the snow starts flyin'! This was certainly waaaay more ambitious than I had originally realized. Ruffles, a zipper which wouldn't cooperate, godets (heard that term on Project Runway while on vacation and actually knew what they were talking about!) and sleeves. I think I'll go back to the simpler A-line jumpers which is more my speed. I've also been eyeing some pillowcase dresses...perhaps one for Halloween?

1 comment:

Seth said...

nice work on the dress!! that is awesome. love and miss you guys. let's skype soon. -c