About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Not-so-tired Tuesday


Things have been much calmer on the sleeping front, thank goodness! While the Noodle is still waking up 2-3 times per night, she generally is going back to sleep without much fuss within about 5 minutes. We haven't had any more tantrums (in length or intensity) like we did a week ago, so everyone is started to let out a sigh of relief. Let's hope it continues....

Sweet and Sour Bok Choy (c/o Cooks.com)

Heat olive oil in a large skillet, add bok choy (1 head) and onion (I also added some cabbage, because hey, why not?!). Cook and stir over high heat 1 minute. Blend 1/4C brown sugar, 1/4C red wine vinegar, and 1/2 t ginger; add to skillet. Mix well. Cover and steam 1 minute. Combine 1T soy sauce and 1T cornstarch with 1/2C water. Add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened. **Since I added some cabbage, I increased the liquid amounts, but it ended up making too much sauce. If you make it at home, better just follow the recipe. Other than that, it was good.
Dinner tonight: Salmon with dill, drop biscuits and sweet and sour bok choy and cabbage

No comments: