About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blueberry picking and...more

We have been having BEAUTIFUL weather. The kind where it is sunny, a slight breeze, mid to upper 70s and no humidity. Give me this kind of summer anytime. The Noodle and I decided to go pick blueberries the other day and make the most of it. We have 2 small blueberry bushes at our house, so she was all about helping J pick the berries as they ripened (2 or 3 at a time). When we got to the patch, she kept her eagle eyes out for those beautiful, blue orbs and went to town. She took the lower branches and I took the upper ones. Initially I was a bit hesitant to go by myself (visions of chasing after an ornery two-year old who has really been flexing her muscles as of late--see below), but decided to throw caution to the wind and go anyway. We ended up picking more than 5 lbs. of berries and it was only during the last 10 minutes that she lost interest and started shoveling the fruit into her mouth. In all honesty, I snuck a few in too. They were tart, but oh so delicious.

Boy, this basket can hold a lot of berries. Wonder if I'll fill it...
Aha! I've found the bluest, juiciest berry ever. Oh wait, there's another good looking one. And another...
I'll just give this one a taste test.

On a different front, there have been a few changes around our house. I think we can safely say good-bye to diapers during the day and, after a gymnastically-filled evening last night, the crib. If there had been any Olympic judges lurking around, they would have definitely handed the Noodle a perfect 10 for her mount, routine and dismount. Needless to say, the side came off and now the C.N. has herself a big-girl bed.


1 comment:

Jaime Chanter said...

Great job with the potty training!
Eamon is in a rut and the #2s are just too good to put in the potty. My goal is by the end of the summer which is approaching so soon!