About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Snow day!

Yippeee!  The snow was floating and the wind was blowing...so much so, that we got a snow day.  It was the perfect way to start the weekend!
Any teachers out there know that the weather forecasters often predict "gloom and doom", only to have a light dusting.  Bummer.  The real trick to a snow day is for the flakes to start falling fast and heavy early in the morning.  Like 4:30 a.m.  That's what it did yesterday.  The cold wind chill also helped the cause.
 Later on in the afternoon, after the sun had come, the Noodle and I went out and romped in the snow a bit.  After about 45 minutes, she announced that she thought it would be a good idea to go in and have some real hot cocoa, not just the pretend kind we were drinking admist a snow pile.  With frozen fingers and a cold bum, I wholeheartedly agreed with her.
 We added 2 big marshmallows.  Just 'cuz.  Yum!

No comments: