About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Icy Beauty

We had an ice storm come through last night.  It may be treacherous when you're out and about, but it is so beautiful to look at, from the warmth and safety inside.  I love to hear how the wind moves through the branches and what a different sound it makes.

During lunch the Noodle was gazing out the window.  When I asked her what she was thinking about, she said she was just busy looking outside.   The ice encapsulated trees, bushes, wires and roof lines certainly do make the world look like a different place!
Thankfully we haven't lost any power or had limbs come down.  Driving around this morning we saw lots of fallen branches around and last night was filled with various flashing lights and sirens (fire truck, EMS, police, snowplow, and the utility company).  Isn't it amazing that something so beautiful can also be so destructive?

No comments: