About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Makin' the most of summer--one last time?!

 A little "bucket-head" runnin' like crazy!

Yesterday we met out for a picnic with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle E, Aunt C and all the cousins.  Grandma and Grandpa are building a new home, right on the Lake and so we went to the site to play, laugh, eat and just hang-out.  While it was cool and breezy at home, there it was sunny and warm.  I knew we were going to be on the beach and so had brought some sand toys, but had thought that it would be way to cold for swimming and so hadn't packed suits...silly me!  A major meltdown let-down was avoided, however, when we whipped out the "spare" set of clothes--from there the Noodle was off and running.  Cavorting in the waves, helping her "peeps" (what she likes to call her cousins) build a sand castle, running along the sand with Daddy--she didn't stop.  We definitely tried to make the most of summer--but will it be the last time?!  Only Mother Nature knows for sure :)

1 comment:

Debbie Sauer said...

I never want summer to end. Blessings