About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Summer's here...must be time for strawberries!

With summer here, it is time to hit the U-pick farms.  Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries...they're all delicious, and each year, I try to make sure we go pick while we can!
LaLa came with us this time, so she and Mei Mei worked together to fill a bucket.
The Noodle and I each had our own buckets.  I have to say, she has gotten pretty good at picking berries. She knows the routine--work first and then eat (a few berries and then at the custard place down the road). We had to make sure Mei Mei learned the ropes as well--she did :)
The best reward for (literally) backbreaking work?  A cool, sweet treat.  Not to mention sticky fingers and mouths from the juice.
Summer memories!

No comments: