About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Berry pickin' time!

One of the things that I love about summer is picking berries.  Strawberries.  Blueberries.  Raspberries.  Anykind.  Yum!  We have gone for quite a few summers and each year, the Noodle gets better and better.  She's pretty focused and at least holds off eating....for a while.  Ha!
A few weeks ago we went out and picked some strawberries.  This year, I guess because of the spring, they were really small, but suuper sweet.  Tasty, but it takes a lot to fill the bucket!  The lure of frozen custard as a reward for hard work is always a pretty sure bet!

Today we hit the blueberry farm.  Gorgeous weather and good company.  She informed me that picking blueberries is much easier because you don't have to pick them like this--insert visual of her squatting down in her "Chinese person pose".  I totally agreed with her--standing up is much easier!
We ended up picking about 8 lbs.  Not too shabby.  While I'd love to think that I'm going to make blueberry jam, I know that's probably not going to happen.  Especially when we keep grabbing and eating them by the handful like they're candy!  Blueberry cobbler and blueberry pancakes are more likely.  BTW, has anyone tried Tr*der J*e's lemon curd?  It is soo good, especially drizzeled on pancakes (or even on toast for that matter).  If not, go out and get some pronto!
So if you see us out and about, and we have a ring of blue around our mouths and blue tongues, you'll know why!

No comments: