About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Mid-Autumn Moon Festival

I know that as our "forever family day" approaches, that means that the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival is also right around the corner.  Sure enough, when I walked out this morning and saw the full moon, I realized that today's the day!
Since I knew we had a relaxed evening in store, I thought we could make our mooncakes.  In years past the Noodle and I have gone down to the market to buy "offical" mooncakes, but after buying them last year (at $3.00 a pop) and not eating them (somehow lotus seed paste never sounds as appetizing at home as it does in the store--go figure) I decided that our own homemade ones would be just fine. 
We made the dough, let it chill in the 'fridge while we read a few books and then dolloped on the jam.  I popped the cookies into the oven that was cooking the fish for dinner, and so by dessert, we were ready to eat our mooncakes.  As an FYI, jam is definitely a preferred filling to red bean or lotus seed paste anyday...at least in our household.  Happy Mid-Autumn Moon Festival!

No comments: