About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

"Happy"


While the Noodle can certainly be silly, loud, goofy, boisterous, talkative and (at times) down-right obnoxious, her more "natural" state is a bit more sedate and quiet. New situations and people that she's not that familiar with cause her to withdraw a bit and observe her surroundings. She can be very serious and will look at you with those deep, dark, brown eyes and you just wonder what is going on in that little mind.



Often, when we are driving, she'll be talking away (either to me or just to herself) or will be nodding her head to the music playing. Other times, though, she'll just be sitting there quietly, looking out the window and taking it all in. It is during these quiet times, that she'll often comment "I'm happy" from out of the blue. The conversation usually goes something like this...Me: "How are you doing back there? Everything okay?" C.N.:"I'm fine, I'm just quiet..." (a few minutes pass by and then) C.N.: "I'm happy." in which my heart bursts and I reply: "Me too!!".



It is then that I'm reminded, once again, how the Lord indeed answered our prayer above and beyond what we could have ever imagined, by blessing us with the perfect child for us, at the perfect time. I'm happy too, Chinese Noodle, I'm happy too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet!! I'm a happy auntie too. XOXOXO

Seth said...

You better bring our sweet little niecey and your cool two selves to Lakeside this summer so that we can be happy too with the three of you!! Don't worry a/b early mornings or that stuff. We want you there!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post! We think you all make such the PERFECT FAMILY!
Love, Gwen, Joel and Blakers