About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Chinese New Year Part II







Our small group from church hadn't been able to get together for quite a while, so J and I suggested a Chinese New Year party. What better reason to get everyone together? One couple graciously hosted and another woman, who sister lives in China, did most of the cooking, although everyone brought something to help contribute. J decided to make his famous dumplings, or Jiaozi, which was no small feat. He spent most of Saturday making the filling, making the dough, filling each dumpling by hand and cooking them. Last we counted he had made about 125. At the end of the meal we set off firecrackers which was quite a hit with both the big and small kids alike.

No comments: